Revolutionary Funds Numero Dos
I realize this was all in the comments section for the previous post, but I thought it was important enough to put in a post so that everyone sees it.
Dave commented twice on the last post:
dmgroves said...
I totally put a bunch of money in the account before I left though...?
dmgroves said...
The reason we had that money in there is because I paid my money already.
My response is (and if anyone else sees a flaw in my logic here, please speak up):
When did you make those deposits? After April 27? When Akaash, Elias and I looked at the account, we saw a bunch of new deposits after that date, but we didn't know where they were coming from.
But assuming that we were right, that the April 27 account balance represents just left overs from the year, with no additional deposits and no additional liabilities through the end of that month, then you know better than we do how much you owe or how much the account owes you based on any new deposits you've made. The post yesterday was intended to lay out how much we all need to put in the account for rent (through September) and any other expenditure (where that applies) between April 27 and the end of September. But if you already paid, then you already paid and if you paid more than necessary, then feel free to take back the difference.
Also, on a completely different note, I know this is a little obvious, but I thought this video was really well done:
Dave commented twice on the last post:
dmgroves said...
I totally put a bunch of money in the account before I left though...?
dmgroves said...
The reason we had that money in there is because I paid my money already.
My response is (and if anyone else sees a flaw in my logic here, please speak up):
When did you make those deposits? After April 27? When Akaash, Elias and I looked at the account, we saw a bunch of new deposits after that date, but we didn't know where they were coming from.
But assuming that we were right, that the April 27 account balance represents just left overs from the year, with no additional deposits and no additional liabilities through the end of that month, then you know better than we do how much you owe or how much the account owes you based on any new deposits you've made. The post yesterday was intended to lay out how much we all need to put in the account for rent (through September) and any other expenditure (where that applies) between April 27 and the end of September. But if you already paid, then you already paid and if you paid more than necessary, then feel free to take back the difference.
Also, on a completely different note, I know this is a little obvious, but I thought this video was really well done:
3 Comments:
At 3:54 PM,
dmgroves said…
If you look at the account, I put, if memory serves, 2000 in and withdrew 650, totaling 1350. From what conversation I remember having, the dizzle was we had enough to cover may in the account, but we had to pay rent for June July August (I haven´t paid for September because I don´t think we had discussed that while I was still in town. I was just worried that you were looking at the money I had added and thinking that that was group money, when it is in fact my own. I think it just means in the end that we should have a sit down, possible Dan on SKYPE meeting and hash it out, because I´m not in a good place to work out my finances, as CIBC has thoughtfully frozen my account, assuming I am not in Finland but actually a fraud.
At 3:55 PM,
dmgroves said…
And yeah, I think I made the deposit just before I left, assuming that we had enough to cover May´s rent but might be a little tight for other stuff.
At 3:58 PM,
dmgroves said…
And I realize I could very well just make a new post for all this and not keep commenting in little bits, but I think the math might be a little off if the previous calculations assume that my money = leftover group money. I´m sorry for the comment bomb, I´m all tired and its so bright out and disorientation reigns, but I just got freaked out.
Post a Comment
<< Home