Pan's s'naP
I have a 5 door 89 saab 9000 with TURBO! named Pan. She's been with me for a long time only two years younger than I am and approximatly 145000 miles in car age. Thats 233354 kilometers for you in the Frozen North. I say approximatly because the speedo meter has'nt worked so hot for a while and that means the odometer does not work either. Anyways the week before last a friendly bumpkin backed into Pan's front driver's side headlights. This unamed bumpkin was driveing a truck. Due to trucks being classified differently than cars they are allowed to put their bumpers at whatever height they please. This means that the bumpkin's bumper was above mine and drove right into my headlights. If he has been going faster then 5 miles per hour I would be much less happy and Pan most sirdeffinatly would have taken a perminant naP. But this was not the case. Fortunatly for me the bumpkin has a friendly insurance company who informed me today that my totaled car was worth 1580 USD currently 1781.608 FND (Frozen North Dollars). Unbeknownst to them (sorta) all damage to Pan was supperficial besides the headlight and directional. My dad quite handily a former saab mechanic and myself simply took a sledgehammer to the bent metal and knocked er back into shape. The lights have proven to be slightly more problematic. Turns out 89 was the last year they designed saabs like Pan. 17 year old cars are not very popular to drive these days. There are no garages around that sell used parts for Pan, also it seams nobody makes new parts. So untill I decide to splurge on a new set of lights Pan is a pudidle! Oh and it looks like we have to pay the same insurance no matter where Pan is parked for the winter so I might just let her rust in Montreal.
Im debateing driving in monday morning instead of sunday. If any of you are actually tring to get into the appartment sunday let me no and I will be there.
thats all folks
elias
Update 17 aug: Today my dad and I went to a junk yard and bought the remaining headlight pieces for 60 bucks. Prolly would have cost closer to 200 if we had to get them new.
Im debateing driving in monday morning instead of sunday. If any of you are actually tring to get into the appartment sunday let me no and I will be there.
thats all folks
elias
Update 17 aug: Today my dad and I went to a junk yard and bought the remaining headlight pieces for 60 bucks. Prolly would have cost closer to 200 if we had to get them new.
1 Comments:
At 4:27 AM,
sarahpin said…
I am glad Pan is recuperating well.
May I ask why she's named Pan?
Post a Comment
<< Home