"Trite, inconsequential, and vaguely homoerotic."
Here are some of the latest reviews of "Dan Ruppel's Birthday: The Revenge":
"Personally, I'm not a fan of buddy movies, or large amounts of curly blonde hair, but this birthday has some charm. Like the uncle who gets drunk at every wedding and hits on his own nieces, 'Dan Ruppel's Birthday: The Revenge', will sneak into your heart and just keep coming back." - Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
"Trite, inconsequential, and vaguely homoerotic. From start to finish 'Dan Ruppel's Birthday: The Revenge is the same old thing we've seen the last 18 or so times. This genre is stale, and we certainly shouldn't expect a B-Lister like Daniel Ruppel to breathe new life into it." - Glenn Whipp, Los Angeles Daily News
"In the car ride home after experiencing 'Dan Ruppel's Birthday: The Revenge', my husband and I launched into an interesting discussion, which lasted well until morning. Is the Revolution essentially a poor excuse to engage in increasingly homosexual activities? My husband seems to think that, and cites the promise David Groves made to Dan Ruppel on said day: "Dan Ruppel, I promise that the first thing we do upon reaching Montreal is get you drunk enough to lose all sense of decency." While out of context it seems only mildly suggestive, my husband astutely observed Akaash Mukherji making thrusting gestures during the statement. While it's debatable as to how sexually potent Akaash really is, it does make one think." - Stephanie Zackarek, Salon.com
"Don't quote me out of context, but 'Dan Ruppel's Birthday: The Revenge' was one of the most intense and memorable 24 hours of my life. Except for all the time I've spent playing sudoku on my computer and crying, because my life is a boring and depressing piece of shit." - Ben Christopher
"Oh, and I masterbate with sandpaper." - Ben Christopher
"A lot." - Ben Christopher
"...Intense and memorable..." - Ben Christopher
"Personally, I'm not a fan of buddy movies, or large amounts of curly blonde hair, but this birthday has some charm. Like the uncle who gets drunk at every wedding and hits on his own nieces, 'Dan Ruppel's Birthday: The Revenge', will sneak into your heart and just keep coming back." - Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
"Trite, inconsequential, and vaguely homoerotic. From start to finish 'Dan Ruppel's Birthday: The Revenge is the same old thing we've seen the last 18 or so times. This genre is stale, and we certainly shouldn't expect a B-Lister like Daniel Ruppel to breathe new life into it." - Glenn Whipp, Los Angeles Daily News
"In the car ride home after experiencing 'Dan Ruppel's Birthday: The Revenge', my husband and I launched into an interesting discussion, which lasted well until morning. Is the Revolution essentially a poor excuse to engage in increasingly homosexual activities? My husband seems to think that, and cites the promise David Groves made to Dan Ruppel on said day: "Dan Ruppel, I promise that the first thing we do upon reaching Montreal is get you drunk enough to lose all sense of decency." While out of context it seems only mildly suggestive, my husband astutely observed Akaash Mukherji making thrusting gestures during the statement. While it's debatable as to how sexually potent Akaash really is, it does make one think." - Stephanie Zackarek, Salon.com
"Don't quote me out of context, but 'Dan Ruppel's Birthday: The Revenge' was one of the most intense and memorable 24 hours of my life. Except for all the time I've spent playing sudoku on my computer and crying, because my life is a boring and depressing piece of shit." - Ben Christopher
"Oh, and I masterbate with sandpaper." - Ben Christopher
"A lot." - Ben Christopher
"...Intense and memorable..." - Ben Christopher
1 Comments:
At 4:23 PM,
sarahpin said…
Actually, I think the correct quote was that "I strap strips of sandpaper around my groin to KEEP me from touching myself. [emphasis added] Think about it: whenever I think the shameful thoughts my own tumescence will and can only lead to laceration and potential infection."
This said: the film was alright, though in my opinion, the protagonist seemed a little too old for the part.
Happy Birthday, Sir.
Post a Comment
<< Home