The new problem
And so we have a new problem. It's not a major problem, but like every other problem we've faced thus far, it's a money problem.
The problem:
1) Akaash still hasn't given me the money he owes
2) This isn't due to a lack of will on the part of Akaash, but because (for whatever reason), Akaash can't log onto the e-billing service.
3) It was previously suggested that Akaash just give the money to Dave and that Dave use said program to give me money.
4) This is a problem for Dave: "Just like to note that you probably shouldn't send the money to me, seeing as how it restricts payments to 1000 dollars a time, and mom's getting all pissy about that. Could you mail it or something?"
5) Seeing as Dave already ran into this problem and owes me an additional $150 as it is, his mother's sentiments are understandable.
6) But in response to his question: no, Akaash can't mail the money to me. The account that Francois is pulling (and will be pulling come August 1) the money out of is my TD account; that is, it's a Canadian account. Since I'm in San Francisco, there's no way I can put money into that account in person, only over the internet. So, even if Akaash were to mail me the money, I wouldn't be able to put the money into the appropriate account. To put it in perspective, I would have just as easy a time of putting Akaash's money into the Canadian account in person as any of you would.
7) This leaves us with only two options:
a) Akaash manages to access the e-banking program, or...
b) Dave explains to his mom that this is the only way we can do this.
(For clarification, I'm leaving out option "c": become homeless)
(Update: I realized one of you might suggest that Akaash sends it to me, I put it into my American account, and then use the e-billing program to transfer it to my Canadian account. The problem with this is that the certapay program only works with BMO, CIBC, Scotia, TD, and RBC--all of them Canadian.)
Anyway, if any of you have any ideas, please post or leave a comment. We still have until the end of the month, but as always, the sooner the better.
Also: we might want to start talking about the September payment already. I for one won't be in Montreal until the 20th, which gives us a little over a week to get the money together. And at the rate things are going, we're going to need more than 10 days.
The problem:
1) Akaash still hasn't given me the money he owes
2) This isn't due to a lack of will on the part of Akaash, but because (for whatever reason), Akaash can't log onto the e-billing service.
3) It was previously suggested that Akaash just give the money to Dave and that Dave use said program to give me money.
4) This is a problem for Dave: "Just like to note that you probably shouldn't send the money to me, seeing as how it restricts payments to 1000 dollars a time, and mom's getting all pissy about that. Could you mail it or something?"
5) Seeing as Dave already ran into this problem and owes me an additional $150 as it is, his mother's sentiments are understandable.
6) But in response to his question: no, Akaash can't mail the money to me. The account that Francois is pulling (and will be pulling come August 1) the money out of is my TD account; that is, it's a Canadian account. Since I'm in San Francisco, there's no way I can put money into that account in person, only over the internet. So, even if Akaash were to mail me the money, I wouldn't be able to put the money into the appropriate account. To put it in perspective, I would have just as easy a time of putting Akaash's money into the Canadian account in person as any of you would.
7) This leaves us with only two options:
a) Akaash manages to access the e-banking program, or...
b) Dave explains to his mom that this is the only way we can do this.
(For clarification, I'm leaving out option "c": become homeless)
(Update: I realized one of you might suggest that Akaash sends it to me, I put it into my American account, and then use the e-billing program to transfer it to my Canadian account. The problem with this is that the certapay program only works with BMO, CIBC, Scotia, TD, and RBC--all of them Canadian.)
Anyway, if any of you have any ideas, please post or leave a comment. We still have until the end of the month, but as always, the sooner the better.
Also: we might want to start talking about the September payment already. I for one won't be in Montreal until the 20th, which gives us a little over a week to get the money together. And at the rate things are going, we're going to need more than 10 days.
2 Comments:
At 3:29 AM,
rup-D-rup said…
I'll try to think up something better in the morning, but could Aakash, and for that matter, Dave go to a TD branch and deposit the money into your account?
Maybe it only works because it's my Dad, and it would be risky in the mail, I suppose, but I have given my Dad a deposit slip a couple times, along with endorsed checks to my account number with the "For Deposit Only" scribble. Could Aakash send you a check, Ben, you endorse it and fill out a deposit slip that Aakash could carry to your bank?
Again, I'll try to think of something better.
At 4:32 AM,
sarahpin said…
No, that actually seems to be a really good idea...
Post a Comment
<< Home