Drums, thumbs, and automohums.
I've been trying to get my grubby anti-primogentrist hands on my grandfathers old trumpet. In the quest, or probably by some cruel karmatic whim stemming from the immense amount of time gone by since I last visited him, I now am in a nearly coincidental posession of a very dirty clarinet, sans reeds.
That'll come along then, for sure.
I'm not sure what to do about a drumset. It's pretty key, I'd say, if I want to be playing the drumset next year. I don't think I can get my stuff and my set up to Montreal together, so I'm gonna craigslist and eBay around and maybe happen upon a compromise of sorts.
I stopped by my brother in law's to " you know just mess around for a while, cause Doug's gonna bring his bass and my friend Nick is up from [town in Jersey]."
My brother in law likes to play house of the rising sun and pseudo-country ditties for my nephews, and has introduced me to such sedate and pleasing bands as "the anniversary" and "the fire theft"
Apparently, before he met my sister he played a different kind of music.
Some memorable quotes from the evening:
Nick: "So you're all hardcore vets, right. I mean, you've all played in at least one hardcore band before, right"
Mike: "So how'd you like my new amp"
Nick: It was pretty loud.
Mike: It was on 1.5
Nick: (Things I couldn't hear because that eardrum had been torn to shreads)
Mike: Yeah, it's louder than a half-stack. It's the loudest amp you can get for it's size.
Nick: No, don't play off the beat. Just play faster.
faster, louder, we were calling out to Jim all the way from PA. My arm was crying like every 2 minute song was a ten-minute ballad.
And you know, it was kinda fun.
(but I still can't hear right on the left).
That'll come along then, for sure.
I'm not sure what to do about a drumset. It's pretty key, I'd say, if I want to be playing the drumset next year. I don't think I can get my stuff and my set up to Montreal together, so I'm gonna craigslist and eBay around and maybe happen upon a compromise of sorts.
I stopped by my brother in law's to " you know just mess around for a while, cause Doug's gonna bring his bass and my friend Nick is up from [town in Jersey]."
My brother in law likes to play house of the rising sun and pseudo-country ditties for my nephews, and has introduced me to such sedate and pleasing bands as "the anniversary" and "the fire theft"
Apparently, before he met my sister he played a different kind of music.
Some memorable quotes from the evening:
Nick: "So you're all hardcore vets, right. I mean, you've all played in at least one hardcore band before, right"
Mike: "So how'd you like my new amp"
Nick: It was pretty loud.
Mike: It was on 1.5
Nick: (Things I couldn't hear because that eardrum had been torn to shreads)
Mike: Yeah, it's louder than a half-stack. It's the loudest amp you can get for it's size.
Nick: No, don't play off the beat. Just play faster.
faster, louder, we were calling out to Jim all the way from PA. My arm was crying like every 2 minute song was a ten-minute ballad.
And you know, it was kinda fun.
(but I still can't hear right on the left).
3 Comments:
At 3:33 AM,
dmgroves said…
How about this: a karaoke machine.
Think long and hard about it. It may be the wisest purchase ever.
At 5:41 AM,
sarahpin said…
OMFG Karaoke! I warn you that I would probably never leave your house.
Think long and hard about THAT, buddy boys.
At 8:45 AM,
sarahpin said…
Or, as my friend Paris would say, think long, hard, and throbbing about that.
Fuck, I'm bored. Sorry for the comment-spamming. I'm going to go bake some cookies.
Post a Comment
<< Home